BIS 245 DeVry Final Exam
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
BIS 245 DeVry Final Exam
BIS 245 DeVry Final Exam
Question 1.1.(TCO 1) A foreign key is:(Points : 5)
- a value which can connect two tables simultaneously.
- a unique value that identifies each row within a table.
- another name for a candidate key.
- a field in one table that is also the primary key of another table.
Question 2.2.(TCO 1) What Microsoft Access feature would give a United Parcel Service (UPS) manager the ability to ask questions like “How many UPS tubes were shipped Monday?” and “What was the total revenue generated from UPS Express Box Large in November 2013?”(Points : 5)
- foreign keys
- primary keys
- parameter query
- table connections
Question 3.3.(TCO 1) To design a report you should do all of the following EXCEPT(Points : 5)
- draw a paper design of the report.
- identify all sources of data, fields and groups.
- input the data.
- select a reporting tool.
Question 4.4.(TCO 1) A filter in Access:(Points : 5)
- Creates a new table with matching criteria.
- Deletes unique records from the database.
- Allows the user to edit specific records.
- Displays a subset of records based on specified criteria.
Question 5.5.(TCO 1) Which of the following is NOT one of the query wizards in Access:(Points : 5)
- Find Duplicates Query
- Simple Query
- Multi –Tabular Query
- Crosstab Query
Question 6.6.(TCO 2) A field that uniquely identifies each record in a table is a(Points : 5)
- primary key.
- foreign key.
Question 7.7.(TCO 2) A single crow’s foot at the left-most end of a relationship line would indicate a(Points : 5)
- many-to-many relationship.
- one-to-many relationship.
- one-to-one relationship.
- no relationship.
Question 8.8.(TCO 3) All of the following apply to the relationships image found below EXCEPT (Points : 5)
- a one-to-many relationship is found between the Suppliers table and the Products table.
- a relationship exists between the two primary keys of the Suppliers table and the Products table.
- one table is not joined to the two other tables.
- the primary key for the Categories table is Category ID.
Question 9.9.(TCO 3) Summarized data in an easy-to-read view is known as a(Points : 5)
Question 10.10.(TCO 3) Which of the following does NOT apply to the following relationship image? (Points : 5)
- A one-to-many relationship is applied.
- The display is showing the Design View of relationships.
- One table is not joined to the other two tables.
- A join exists on two primary keys.
Question 11.11.(TCO 4) Which function is used to isolate a specific portion of a date such as year, month, or day in a date field?(Points : 5)
Question 1.1.(TCO 5) To edit a form, use(Points : 5)
- datasheet view.
- design view.
- layout view.
- layout view or design view.
Question 2.2.(TCO 5) Clicking on the form tool will open a(n)(Points : 5)
- existing form.
- new form in design view.
- new form in layout view.
- wizard to design a form.
Question 3.3.(TCO 6) Which of the following statements is NOT correct about a query?(Points : 5)
- Changing data values in a query will not change data values in a table.
- Data is not saved within a query.
- Instructions on which data to display are saved within a query.
- Instructions on the format to display data are saved within a query.
Question 4.4.(TCO 6) Using the rules for order of operations, what is the result of the following expression: (4 * 3) +1 + 4 – 2 * 3 + 5 ?(Points : 5)
Question 5.5.(TCO 7) When making vertical data comparisons, you should use the following chart.(Points : 5)
- Scatter Plot
Question 6.6.(TCO 7) Discrete data(Points : 5)
- are easily scaled.
- are used to measure time or money.
- cannot be subdivided into meaningful information.
- may be subdivided into smaller and smaller units.
Question 7.7.(TCO 8) A switchboard is a(Points : 5)
- form that looks like a menu or a series of menus that ties objects in a database.
- design tool to analyze and optimize a database.
- report that looks like a menu or a series of menus that ties objects in a database.
- screen that is used to hide objects from users.
Question 8.8.(TCO 9) Open Exclusive means that(Points : 5)
- a password is required to open the Access database.
- only one person has access to the Access database at any time.
- only selected persons can have access to the Access database.
- two or more people cannot open the same Access database at the same time.
Question 9.9.(TCO 9) Database security is a specialty within computer security that protects a database application from unintended use. Unintended use includes:(Points : 5)
- unauthorized viewing of data
- inadvertent mistakes made by employees
- malicious attacks
- all of the above
Question 10.10.(TCO 10) The ACCDT file format type refers to a(n)(Points : 5)
- digitally signed database.
- executable database.
Question 11.11.(TCO 4) The term “cascading” refers to(Points : 5)
- data changes travel from one table to another.
- data is put in sequential order.
- queries can retrieve data at a faster rate.
- records are arranged in order.
Question 1. 1. (TCO 1) The department manager has asked you to create a report in Access. What are some of the questions that you would ask to determine what should be on the report? For one of your questions, give an example of two different answers the manager might give and tell how each answer would affect the report design. (Points : 40)
Question 2. 2. (TCO 2) What does it mean to store data in its smallest parts, and why is this important? (Points : 40)
Question 3. 3. (TCO 4) Conceptual design begins with a big-picture view, and details gradually added before the implementation process begins. With this in mind, what is the first step in the conceptual design process for ERD construction? In your own words, describe how you would accomplish this first step. (Points : 40)
Question 4. 4. (TCO 4) Explain a one-to-many relationship and provide two examples. (Points : 40)