COMP 129 DeVry Complete Quiz Package
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
COMP 129 DeVry Complete Quiz Package
COMP 129 DeVry Complete Quiz Package
COMP 129 DeVry Week 1 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 2)Why is having the correct device driver so important?
- It enables a specific operating system to run as multiple machines.
- It enables multiple computers to share devices.
- It enables a device to work in both a powered and unpowered state.
- It enables a specific operating system to control a specific piece of hardware.
Question 2. Question : (TCO 2) What is the maximum transfer rate for a USB 2.0 port?
- 1.5 Mbps
- 3 Mbps
- 10 Mbps
- 480 Mbps
Question 3. Question : (TCO 2) What is the primary purpose of the power supply?
- Controls internal computer temperature
- Converts AC to DC
- Provides power to external devices
- Supplies AC electricity to the computer parts
Question 4. Question : (TCO 2) What atmospheric condition can increase the potential for static electricity?
- High temperatures
- Low temperatures
- Low humidity
- None; atmospheric conditions have little impact on static electricity
Question 5. Question : (TCO 2) A _____ is required before software from the BIOS is executed.
- power good signal
- surge protector good signal
- power down signal
Question 6. Question : (TCO 2) Which unit would you recommend for the help desk people who sit at a computer for a 24/7 operation where help must be provided at all times?
- A UPS
- A surge protector
- An upgrade power supply
- A line conditioner
Question 7. Question : (TCO 1) Refer to the provided figure. What type of cable would have this symbol?
- Radio frequency (RF)
- USB 3.0
Question 8. Question : (TCO 1) Jane decides to restart her computer by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete combination keys. This procedure is called a _____.
- warm boot
- quick start
Question 9. Question : (TCO 1) Why is it best not to start cleaning a computer by using compressed air?
- Some people may be sensitive to the dust blown into the air.
- Pressure may damage the fragile electronic equipment.
- Heavy dirt cannot be moved by the compressed air.
- The turbulence from the compressed air causes an RFI disturbance.
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) After a problem is solved, a technician must _____ findings, actions, and outcomes.
- tell his or her boss
- the document
COMP 129 DeVry Week 2 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 3)Major microprocessor manufacturers are _____.
- Apple, Gateway, and Dell Intel,
- Motorola, and AMD
- Maxtor, Seagate, and Sony
- Microsoft, 3-Com, and Oracle
Question 2. Question : (TCO 3) What does quad core mean in relation of processors?
- The main CPU is clocked at four times the static rate.
- Four processors are installed in one or two sockets on the motherboard.
- Four pipelines are used inside the processor for simultaneous instruction execution.
- Four core system processes can be executed upon simultaneously.
Question 3. Question : (TCO 3) An engineering professor teaches CAS at the university. Which expansion slot would be best for the graphics card in the professor’s computer?
Question 4. Question : (TCO 3) Most motherboards use _____ for RAM. Student Answer:
Question 5. Question : (TCO 3) Double-sided memory _____.
- is two memory modules in the same physical module
- is required to do dual-channeling
- is most often used with Rambus
- provides faster throughput
Question 6. Question : (TCO 3) Dual channeling _____.
- requires more cache memory
- requires more RAM
- requires dual CPUs
- requires matched modules
Question 7. Question : (TCO 3) Where are mini PCIe cards normally installed?
- In tablet computers
- In smartphones
- On the bottom of a laptop
- In a slot adjacent to the processor
Question 8. Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following will most likely contain SO-DIMM memory?
- Desktop workstations
- Notebook computers
Question 9. Question : (TCO 2) A physical problem with a memory chip will often cause a(n) _____ error.
- out of memory
- bad sector
- Task Manager
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) Bill and John are overloaded. They have to install more than 50 access points. Joni hears their frustration and offers to help. This is an example of _____.
- tag teaming
COMP 129 DeVry Week 3 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 4)Linux has a variety of _____ that provide the basic functionality that you are used to when working with an operating system, such as the cp command for copying files, the mvcommand for moving files, the vi editor for editing a text file, and so on.
- DOS commands
- batch files
- GUI tools
Question 2. Question : (TCO 4) What is a home screen on a mobile device?
- Where you have to be to see what applications are currently running
- Where the physical volume control is normally located
- Where photo files are stored
- Where app icons are found
Question 3. Question : (TCO 4) Consider the following directory structure from the
C: drive root directory.
If the prompt is C:2014_Term> and you wanted to move into theCisco8 subdirectory, what command do you type?
- CD Cisco8
- CD Cisco8
- CD C:Cisco8
Question 4. Question : (TCO 4) List three items commonly found in a dialog box.
- Properties, Close button, Font button
- OK button, Cancel button, Make new file button
- Help button, Close button, OK button
- Help button, Close button, Restart button
Question 5. Question : (TCO 4) Which tool can you use to view, but not modify, hardware and configuration information for your computer?
- The System applet in Control Panel
- Event Viewer
Question 6. Question : (TCO 4) Who is given credit for the GNU initiative?
- Richard Stallman
- Bill Gates
- Linus Torvald
- All of the above
Question 7. Question : (TCO 4) Which user type was available in Windows XP but is not available for Windows Vista and 7?
- Standard User
- Power User
Question 8. Question : (TCO 4) What Windows 7 feature speeds up file searches?
- Shadow Copy
Question 9. Question : (TCO 4) What is the default location for 64-bit application files in Windows 7?
- The Windows folder
- The Program Files folder
- The SysWOW64 folder
- The System64 folder
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) Learning the next-generation features of the most recent smartphones is an example of _____.
- OS maintenance
- staying current with technology
- leveraging documentation
- working out a solution
COMP 129 DeVry Week 4 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 5) A laptop normally has an _____ type of hard drive installed.
- internal SCSI
- external SCSI
- external SATA
- internal SATA
Question 2. Question : (TCO 6) Why is backing up data to a different partition on the same hard drive not a good idea?
- The data perform at a slower rate.
- Other users who have rights to save files can retrieve the backup, install to a different computer or drive, and potentially see others’ data.
- If the drive fails, both the data and the backup are potentially unusable.
- The backup takes longer.
Question 3. Question : (TCO 6) Which backup type would back up all the user’s data and set the archive bit for each file?
Question 4. Question : (TCO 5) Which optical medium has the greatest storage capacity?
- Compact disc
- Dual-layer, single-sided DVD
- Single-layer, single-sided Blu-ray disc
- Dual-layer, double-sided DVD
Question 5. Question : (TCO 5) For internal optical drives, what is the most common type of internal interface found today?
Question 6. Question : (TCO 6) What term is used to describe the number of samples a sound card takes to create the reproduction of the original sound?
- Analog-to-digital conversion rate
- Power rating
- Frequency response
- Signal to noise ratio
Question 7. Question : (TCO 5) What Android app could be used to see saved photos?
Question 8. Question : (TCO 5) What happens when you press the Fn key along with a function key on a laptop computer?
- You allow the computer to be placed in one of four power modes, which helps with video troubleshooting.
- You allow the computer to be placed in diagnostic mode, which is especially useful when troubleshooting video problems.
- You get additional features depending on the key you press. You refresh the monitor.
Question 9. Question : (TCO 6) A user wants to expand his normal Windows 7 desktop work area across two monitors. What would be the best solution for this user?
- Use an integrated VGA port and a DVI port on an adapter.
- Install a video card with two ports if two ports are not available on the motherboard.
- Use a KVM switch.
- Use a video splitter.
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) What should you do when speaking on the phone with a customer who is very upset and yelling at you?
- Stay calm but raise your voice level a little to show the importance and professionalism of your technical question.
- Ask the caller whether you can put him or her on hold while he or she calms down.
- Hang up on the caller.
- Speak to the customer using a calm, professional tone.
COMP 129 DeVry Week 5 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 7)Patsy is a DeVry University professor. Patsy has some online testing software that uses the Java plug-in. Which Internet Explorer tab can Patsy use to ensure that the plug-in is installed?
Question 2. Question : (TCO 7) What term describes the sending of data, voice, and video over the same network?
Question 3. Question : (TCO 7) Your small business has four computers. What type of network are you operating if each machine is responsible for its own security?
- Fiber optic
Question 4. Question : (TCO 7) The bottom layer of the OSI model is _____.
- data link
Question 5. Question : (TCO 7) What layer of the OSI model encapsulates data into frames?
- Data link
Question 6. Question : (TCO 7) The length of a MAC address is _____ bits, an IPv4 address is _____ bits and an IPv6 address is _____ bits.
- 48; 32; 128
- 12; 32; 16
- 48; 255; 128
- 12; 256; 64
Question 7. Question : (TCO 7) Which network type requires the most pre-planning?
- Ethernet networks
- Host networks
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Client-server networks
Question 8. Question : (TCO 7) Which is a valid MAC address?
Question 9. Question : (TCO 7) Jaqueline, the new technician, has a customer who connects to the Internet from his laptop and uses the cellular network because of the remote locations he must visit for his job. What technology is the customer using?
- Wireless broadband
- Cable modem
- Satellite modem
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) What term is used to describe a technician who helps another technician to learn the trade?
- Being proactive
- Being reactive
COMP 129 DeVry Week 6 Quiz Latest
- Question : (TCO 8)The protocols used to encrypt account names and passwords are called authentication protocols. The protocol used for Windows is _____.
- Crypto IP Encapsulation (CIPE)
- Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Question 2. Question : (TCO 9) A(n) _____ is about the size of a credit card, but thicker.
- CardBus card
- PCI card
- PC Card
Question 3. Question : (TCO 8) A worm _____.
- is a program that can replicate by attaching itself to another program
- can spread copies of itself throughout a network without a host program
- does not need a host program to work; It pretends to be a legitimate program
- is dormant code added to software and triggered by a predetermined event
Question 4. Question : (TCO 8) _____ prove(s) that individuals are who they say they are.
- A background process
- BIOS settings
Question 5. Question : (TCO 8) The largest security risk for stealing confidential data comes from ____.
- Russian or Chinese hackers
- college students studying hacking
- employees leaving passwords in full view
- disgruntled employees
Question 6. Question : (TCO 8) Which security method would be best to use if extremely sensitive government information were stored on a hard drive that will no longer be used?
- Buy 1/0 rewrite software.
- Drill holes in the platters and smash the pieces with a hammer.
- Hold a magnet over each platter.
- Repartition the hard drive into multiple partitions using different file systems.
Question 7. Question : (TCO 8) The protocols used to encrypt account names and passwords are called _____ protocols.
- user service
Question 8. Question : (TCO 4) Which Linux command shows you what the current directory is?
Question 9. Question : (TCO 9) What is SSID broadcasting?
- The method the access point uses to reach all wireless NICs with a single message
- A means for the access point to send the wireless encryption keys to all wireless NICs for network access
- The access point constantly sending the name of the wireless network into the air
- The access method used for 802.11 a, b, g, and n wireless networks
Question 10. Question : (TCO 11) Trust between you and your customer begins with _____.
- never lying.
- good communications skills
- a new customer discount
COMP 129 DeVry Week 7 Quiz Latest
- (TCO 4)You have been asked to temporarily fill in for a Linux administrator who has just been fired. This administrator was known to take a lax view of security and it is suspected that passwords are still kept in the /etc/passwd file. When viewing that file, which entry below would indicate that the passwords are there?
- kolson:85yxir:430:0:Back Door:/root:/bin/bash
- badams:x:341:52:Brent Adams:/users/badams:/bin/bash
- dclifford:x:689:306:non secure user:/root:
Question 2. Question : (TCO 11) Mitch Miller wants to use his optical drive to play a Moody Blues CD. When he inserts the disc and closes the drive tray, the drive turns, but he does not hear any music. What type of problem would a technician say this is?
- The technician would say that it is a hardware problem.
- The technician would say that it is a software problem.
- The technician would say that it is an error of the user.
- The technician would not be able to draw a conclusion from the description given.
Question 3. Question : (TCO 10) In which troubleshooting step do you complete a help-desk ticket by typing the solution and closing the ticket?
- Document findings, actions, and outcomes.
- Identify the problem.
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures.
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution.
Question 4. Question : (TCO 10) The audio beeps heard during the boot process are caused by the _____.
Question 5. Question : (TCO 10) Hardware errors are often obvious _____.
- during POST
- during printing
- when saving a file
- during RAM access
Question 6. Question : (TCO 10) What component is most likely to be included in an audio and video editing PC design?
- Powerful GPU
- Multiple processors
- Video capture card
Question 7. Question : (TCO 10) Which of the following would most likely be a design consideration for a gaming PC rather than a computer used for virtualization?
- High amount of RAM
- Multiple fast, large-capacity hard drives
- Additional system cooling
Question 8. Question : (TCO 10) Debbie keeps getting an error each time she tries to save her worksheet in AJAX ABC accounting software to the thumb drive. She then saves an Excel spreadsheet she was working on to the thumb drive and it too produces the error. A good next step would be to _____.
- save the file to a different drive.
- open the computer case to see whether the thumb drive is connected properly.
- replace the hard drive.
Question 9. Question : (TCO 10) Which statement is true regarding mobile design?
- Smartphones typically have as much RAM as laptops.
- Netbooks are low cost and lightweight.
- Netbooks are typically lighter than tablets.
- Laptops usually have less storage capability than tablets or smartphones.
Question 10. Question : (TCO 10) An internal keyboard is generally connected to the laptop’s system board using a _____.
- USB connector
- ribbon cable
- PS/2 port
- mini-molex connector