DNP 830 TOPIC 1 EXAMINING METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN GCU
Just Click on Below Link To Download This Course:
The DNP must have a basic knowledge of methodology and design. With this knowledge the DNP can identify how methodology and design can be used to evaluate the validity of research studies. This assignment will allow you to describe your understanding of methodology and design while examining external and internal validity of three studies.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Use at least three additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Using the Grand Canyon University Library, locate three articles, one quantitative, one qualitative, and one mixed-method related to your DPI topic.
Create a comparison table, using correct APA formatting, to describe the methodology and design used within each article. The table will be provided as an Appendix to the paper.
Write a 1,000 to 1,250 word paper discussing the different methodologies and designs used in each study.
Discuss the external and internal validity issues associated with each methodology and design.
- Discuss the external and internal validity issues associated with each methodology and design.
- Describe how using a different methodology or design might have been beneficial for each study and describe why.
- Summarize the paper.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-830
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.